Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New boats and new posts!

I am very excited to have my new Salto which I recently got my hands on it before my trip last week to FIBArk in Salida, CO. I didn't have a chance to take it creeking while I was there, but I took it downtown to the rodeo hole and found out how well the Salto loops.....BIG! I'll post some pictures of that later, but until then, here are some comparison shots of the new Salto and my old one.

Here are the specs on the new Salto:
Length: 8'
Width: 25"
Weight: 40lbs
Cockpit: 35" x 18"
Volume: 73 gal

Due to Rikutec's Bi-Axial (Bi-X) blow-molding and Integrated Molding Processes (I.M.P.), we can offer dual colored kayaks with the grabloops, drain plug, and cockpit molded directly into the boat, which results in a stiffer, safer kayak with a reduced number of drilled holes and screws. It's a really cool way to build boats and I wish I understood exactly how they do it, but trust me, the boats rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home